Re-Evaluating Your Career Direction
If you're a member of U of R Faculty or Staff, the following are resources, strategies and skills related to re-evaluating your current direction and making informed re-decisions.
- Attend the foundation seminar Choosing or Re-Evaluating Your Career Direction. Learn more about a process (self-assessment, exploration, re-evaluation) and interesting tools for making informed re-decisions and managing your career development.
- Re-evaluate your current situation and direction. Take time to reflect and question:
- For greater satisfaction, what do I need more or less of?
- Do I want to continue in the same direction?
- Do I need to shift to something related?
- Or change to a new field?
- Keep actively managing your career development. In addition to re-evaluating your current direction, it could be helpful to apply other keys to making informed re-decisons:
- Why prematurely close your options? Keep options open while allowing yourself time for more activities related to self-assessment and exploration. Enjoy learning more about yourself and new opportunities for study and/or work.
- Request career counselling. For individual assistance with career-related concerns, contact the Career Centre about meeting with a Career Counsellor.