Awards & Recognition
Internal Recognition and Awards
Graduate Student Teaching Awards
Sponsored by the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
- The Graduate Teaching Award was established in 2009 to assist graduate students who are pursuing a degree in any field, and in particular to recognize and honour exemplary teaching by graduate students at the U of R. To download the nomination form please follow this link CTL_GTA_Nomination.doc 22.5 KB
- The Graduate Teaching Assistant Award was established in 2009 to assist graduate students who are pursuing a degree in any field, and in particular to recognize and honour exemplary teaching by graduate students at the U of R. Download the nomination form: CTL_GTAA_Nomination.doc 22.5 KB
Other Internal Teaching Awards
- URFA Inspiring Sessional Award. Click here for more information and a a complete listing of past recipients of the UFRA Inspiring Sessional Award.
These awards are not administered or sponsored by CTL.
External Teaching Awards
- The 3M Teaching Fellowships Program is the only national awards program that recognizes teaching excellence and educational leadership. Created in 1986 by STLHE and 3M Canada, it currently has about 240 award winners representing all disciplines in university teaching. Award winners are now represented by the Council of 3M of Teaching Fellow, its executives, and its active members.
- The Alan Blizzard Award started from 2000 by the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) to stimulate and reward collaboration in teaching, and encourage and disseminate scholarship in teaching. It is designed to encourage collaborative projects that increase the effectiveness of student learning.