Integrated Web Services (IWS)
Institutional web services at the University of Regina are delivered through an integrated web services (IWS) model that is a collaboration between External Relations (Communications and Marketing) and Information Services. This model outlines the standard offering of human resources, web hosting, operating system, database, language, development tools, training, and support provided to the University community of site owners and content contributors for the purpose of delivering websites.
The IWS operational group is a team from Communications and Marketing and Information Services who together are responsible for the day-to-day operation and implementation of institutional web services. The IWS operational group includes two Communications and Marketing positions:
- Web Manager (ER)
- Web Content Specialist
Communications and Marketing Web Services
The Communications and Marketing web team provides content-focused communication and marketing web services that include:
- Institutional homepage content strategy, management and maintenance
- Institutional sub-site content strategy, management and maintenance (including Communications and Marketing/news and events sites)
- Institutional web policy and governance support through UWGC
- Institutional web renewal project co-leadership (i.e., site migration to WCMS)
- External web content service provider coordination and consultation
- Content strategy, counsel and support for University site owners including:
- Site migration planning and review process
- Site inventory, information architecture, content planning
- Writing for the web
- Search engine optimization
- Web measurement (Google Analytics)
For more information e-mail Communications and Marketing or call 306-585-4402 and ask for the Web Manager or the Web Content Specialist.
University Web Governance Committee
The University Web Governance Committee (UWGC) is a sub-committee of the University Information Technology Steering Committee (UITSC) and is the University's senior governance committee responsible to oversee institutional website development and implementation.
The mandate of the University Web Governance Committee is to:
- develop, approve, implement and oversee policies, standards, guidelines and associated procedures which ensure the institutional website and web activities are aligned with and focused on the strategic objectives and priorities of the University of Regina
- oversee institutional web-related projects for web services, web content and web technology infrastructure which forms the delivery mechanism for institutional website initiatives.
Web Policies and Procedures
The UWGC has approved two working documents as the founding policies and procedures for University of Regina web governance: