|< May 2013 >|
Course Objective: To provide participants with an understanding of the University of Regina's policies and procedures regarding working safely with chemicals in laboratories.
• Basic laboratory safety
• Proper selection of personal protective equipment
• Laboratory waste procedures
• Chemwatch online MSDS system
• Chemical Inventory management procedures and working with the Vertere system
• Demonstration of chemical spill clean-up
• Hands-on chemical storage exercise
• Incident reporting and near-miss reporting procedures
• *NEW* Fire Extinguisher Training
Who should attend: This course is mandatory for all employees, (faculty and staff) undergraduate and graduate students who manage or work in a laboratory at the U of R.
Note: please complete part 1 (online training) before attending this course.
Complimentary courses available: Depending on the laboratory you will be working in, you may also need to enroll in Biosafety and/or Radiation Safety courses.
Thursday, August 30, 2012
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.