|< May 2012 >|
To provide participants with an understanding of the University of Regina's policies and procedures regarding working safely with biological substances in laboratories.
• Health and medical surveillance
• Proper selection of personal protective equipment
• Biological substance/ animal/ sharps waste procedures
• Demonstration of biological spill clean-up
• Incident reporting and biosecurity procedures
• Videos depicting biological procedures and techniques
Who should attend: All employees (faculty and staff), visitors, and undergraduate and graduate students who manage or work with biological materials and/or organisms at the U of R. ** Does not include those who do not cultivate, intentionally collect, or extract biological materials or organisms from water, soil, or plant samples**
Complimentary courses available: Depending on the laboratory you will be working in, you may also need to enroll in Autoclave or Biological Safety Cabinet Training courses.
Thursday, May 10, 2012
3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.