Wireless Setup for iOS4 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
The uofrWPA ssid is available anywhere on campus where wireless coverage is available. It provides enhanced security through the use of WPA2 encryption. It also doesn't require the wireless network card to be registered (although the uofr ssid still does) and instead uses your uregina.ca username and password to authenticate to the network.
Procedure to set your laptop up for uofrWPA
1. If you have not changed your uregina.ca password in the last year, you must use the web based changer. You can change it to be the same as what you are currently using. Note that the password is case-sensitive when used for the wireless login as compared to being case-insensitive for most other applications.
2. From the iOS Home screen, tap Settings
3. Tap Wi-Fi
4. Tap uofrWPA.
5. Enter your uregina.ca username and password.
6. The first time you connect to uofrWPA you will be required to verify the wireless certificate. Tap 'Accept', and enter your iOS password.
7.You're connected. If you previously connected with uofr guest or another wireless network, press the arrow next to them in your Wi-Fi list, and choose Forget This Network so they are not connected to instead of uofrWPA
Take your device to any IT Support Centre for additional assistance
- AH 106, Archer Library, ED 549