Sending to UofR Email Lists by Category
Please ensure the content of your email is compliant with the University Policy Governing the Use of Campus Computing, Network and Other Information Resource Facilities (150.10). The policy states : "...must not use the Systems for purposes that are not authorized by the University, including promotion of commercial, political or religious views and consulting or similar activities for personal profit".
- Must be sent from a GroupWise account
- Messages must be sent in plain text
- CC: and BCC: fields must be blank
- No attachments including vCards
- Email size limit of 40k
- Be sure your browser and email client are configured for your First.Last@uregina.ca, otherwise the message can't be authenticated and will not go out.
- Elective lists can take up to 24hrs before distribution begins
- Detailed instructions
- Elective Emaillist FAQ
|Send to Events||All dated activities other than media events and news releases including conferences, institutes, seminars, lectures, readings, performances, athletics, etc.|
|Send to HR||Personnel, HR Info and Employments Opportunities|
|Send to Releases||Media Events & News Releases|
|Send to Classifieds||Notices related to 'for sale' or 'wanted' items|
|Send to International||All material related to International opportunities and information|
|Send to Misc||All other information including menus|
|Send to Research||Research Grants & Opportunities|
|Send to Training||Messages about upcoming training schedules|
|Send to APT||APT notices for APT members|
|Send to CUPE||CUPE - CUPE notices for CUPE members|
|Send to URFA||URFA - U of R Faculty Association|
Archive Email Lists
- *President - Messages from the President's Office
- *Alerts - Information about buildings and grounds, parking or traffic notices, Campus Security
- *Systems - Messages regarding central computing and network systems
- *Deans_and_Dirs - Messages from Deans and Directors regarding important notices about their Faculties or Departments
- *To_All_Students - Important messages to all students from the University
*These lists are compulsory, however, you may want to subscribe or unsubscribe to any of the elective lists below.
Instructions for subscribing to CASPUR list serveThe Caspur Email List was set up to send important messages to users of the CASPUR/Banner system. These include important announcements as well as hints and ideas. While everyone who uses Banner should sign up to receive messages on the Caspur List, it is especially important that anyone involved with Student Registration received these messages.
- Open and Log into Groupwise.
- Compose a new message.
- Address To: Majordomo@majordomo.uregina.ca
- Leave the Subject: area blank.
- Text of the Message is to be one line only, as follows: SUBSCRIBE CASPUR firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send Message.
- You will receive an email confirming that you have been successfully added to the List.
- Compose a new message as above To: Majordomo@majordomo.uregina.ca
- Leave the Subject: area blank.
- Text of message to read as follows: UNSUBSCRIBE CASPUR email@example.com
- Send Message.
- You will receive an email confirming that you have been successfully removed from the List.
- Emails must be sent from a GroupWise account with your First.Last@uregina.ca in its return address.
- Emails must be created in plain text and not html.
- To determine whether your message will be send in plain text:
- Go to Tools – Options – Environment – Views
- Ensure “Default Compose View & Font” is set to Plain Text
- Attachments are not accepted by the server and will be rejected. This includes vCard attachments – these must be removed from the message. All lists have a 40k size limit, the average received email is only 4k. You could include a URL to an attachment.
- The CC: and BCC: fields must be left blank. The only address must be the appropriate email list address in the To: field.
- Do not send to more than one elective list, send your message to the most appropriate list. The lists have approximately 80% overlap which will distribute multiple copies to numerous recipients.
- Messages that break one of the rules, ie have a CC, too large or not authorized bounce to the email administrator for review and are not distributed. You may or may not receive a detailed message outlining the problem so please consider if your message has violated any of the rules.
- You can check to see if your message has been sent and view other archived messages here.
When sending to an elective list, the email will be distributed within 24hours if the message is created properly. Once distribution begins it can take up to 4 hours to reach all recipients
When sending to a compulsory list, the email will be distributed immediately and can take up to 4 hours to reach all recipients.