- How can I configure my settings to use an alternate email client?
- How can I store my old messages?
- How do I attach a personal signature to all of my items?
- How do I undelete items?
- What is the difference between posted and regular items?
- How can I check to see if recipients of my appointments are available or not?
- How do I create personal address books?
- How do I create a group within an address book?
- How do I access another person's account?
- Can I retrieve my old messages from Execmail?
- How do I make my items private?
- How do I create a new folder?
- How do I create a shared folder?
- How do I give someone access to my account?
- I have a Mac, what's the best way to use GroupWise?
- My quick view hides the folder list. What can I do?
- I am Retiring, can I keep my Uregina email account?
- Forward, Delegate, Delete Rules
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Contact the IT Support Centre.
To configure an alternate email client:
(ex) Mozilla Thunderbird
- Click File> New> Account.
- Select Email Account> Click Next.
- Enter your Name and your Email Address in the fields provided> Click Next.
- Choose IMAP as the type of Incoming Server.
- For the Incoming Server enter: gwimap.uregina.ca
- For the Outgoing Server enter: smtp.uregina.ca
- Enter your uregina.ca username (ex)smith2j> Click Next.
- Enter an account name (ex)Work Email> Click Next.
- Verify the information> Click Finish.
View the guide with screen shots Archiving MessagesYou can store old messages by archiving. To set up your archive:
- Click Tools> Options> Environment.
- Click the File location tab and choose a file directory for your archive, I:/ is recommended because it is secure and regularly backed up.
- To move a message to the archive, right- click the message and select "Move to Archive."
- To view all archived messages choose File> Open Archive which will open the archive mailbox.
- To view your mailbox again choose File> Open Archive.
- You can also auto- archive messages. Select Tools> Options> Environment. Click the Clean Up tab.
- Select Auto- Archive after desired days for mail, appointments, etc. Select OK.
View the tutorial Creating a signature | 3:26 minTo add a signature to all your outgoing items:
- Select Tools, Options
- Double click on Environment
- Click on the Signature tab
- Click New
- Name the signature and click Ok
- Enter the signature
- Choose your options
- Click Ok
Click on your trash folder (in the left pane), highlight the item(s) you wish to undelete, and click the undelete button.
A posted item is one that is posted directly to your mailbox/calendar. Therefore all items of this type cannot be mailed. Think of them as post-it notes for your account.
There are two ways to see if your recipients are available: the guaranteed method - the Busy Search, and the Multi calendar.
The Busy Search will always work, regardless of who your recipients are and how numerous they are. To activate the busy search:
- Create a new appointment
- Add your recipients
- Click the busy search button
- Move the meeting (the black box) around until you find a suitable time
- Click Ok
Anyone whose calendar you have read access to will display the details of any conflicting appointments.
The Multi calendar method is only useful if you have read access to your recipients calendars. To use the Multi calendar view:
- Open your calendar
- Click on the multi user view
- Check off the names of the people you wish to see
- Click Ok
Open the address book and select New, Address Book. You will be asked to name the book and add contacts to the book.
Open your address book and select New, Group. You will be asked to name the group and then you can add people to the list.
View the tutorial Proxy Access | 4:18 minIn order to access another account you must have some sort of proxy access granted to you by the user. Once you have been granted access, click on the small red person beside your name in the upper left corner. Choose proxy and enter the name of the person whose account you want to access.
Please use GroupWise instructions located at www.uregina.ca/groupwise
To mark an item private open it and then push F8, or select Actions, Mark Private.
You can do this both to items you send to others (in which case only the recipients, not their proxy will have access) or to items sitting on your account.
To create a new folder right click in your cabinet and select New Folder. Select Personal Folder and click next. Change the settings of the folder and click finish.
- Create a new folder, instead of choosing Personal Folder choose Shared folder.
- Name the folder and click next
- Enter the names of those you wish to share the folder with and click Add User for each one
- Click next
- Change any folder settings you wish
- Click Finish
- Enter a message for your recipients
- Click Ok
View the tutorial Proxy Access | 4:18 minTo grant someone proxy access to your account:
- Select Tools, Options
- Double click on Security
- Click on the Proxy Access tab
- Begin typing their name into the Name field
- Check the type(s) of access you want to grant the person
- Click Ok
There is a Mac client for GroupWise. It is available for download at http://www.uregina.ca/is/infrastructure/network/downloads/mac.html.
In addition web access is available at http://gwweb.uregina.ca and can be
used on Mac. The Mac client and the WebAccess have different functionality - you may
like to try them both and see which one is best for you.
- Select Tool
- Select Options
- Select Environment
- Appearance Tab
- Long Folder List (needs to be checked off).
Yes! Prior to your retirement date, you will receive an email indicating your account is about to expire. Just reply to that email indicating that you are a retiree and would like to continue using your uregina email. If you do not reply, your account will expire on the date indicated in the email. If that happens, you can contact IT Support (phone 306-585-4685) and request to have the account reinstated.
To set up a forward rule: From the Tools menu, choose Rules to bring up the Rules dialog box. Choose New to open the New Rule dialog box. Enter Delegate in the Rule Name text box. Select Received to indicate the source of the message. Select Add Action, Forward
Note the Forward option, converts original messages to an attachment. If you want the message placed in the body of the message rather than an attachment see the delegate rule below.
Add the Forward email address in the To: line Click OK, then Save, then close Note: A copy of the item will be in both GroupWise and the forwarding email address. If you want all forwarded messages deleted see delete rule below.
To set up a delegate rule: From the Tools menu, choose Rules to bring up the Rules dialog box. Choose New to open the New Rule dialog box. Enter Delegate in the Rule Name text box. Select Received to indicate the source of the message. Select Add Action, Delegate
Note the Delegate option, places the message in the body rather than converting original messages to an attachment. See Forward rule above to convert to attachment.
Add the Delegate email address in the To: line Click OK, then Save, then close
Note: A copy of the item will be in both GroupWise and the Delegated email address. If you want all delegated messages deleted see delete rule below.
To set up a delete rule: From the Tools menu, choose Rules to bring up the Rules dialog box. Choose New to open the New Rule dialog box. Enter Delete in the Rule Name text box. Select Received to indicate the source of the message. Select Add Action, Delete/Decline Add Comment (optional) Click OK, then Save, then close
Note the Delete/Decline option make the item not recoverable and should be used with caution. Ensure that the rule appears AFTER your Forward or Delegate rule and has been tested for desired outcomes.