One hundred years ago, in 1911, a small high school was established in Regina by the Methodist Church. It was known as Regina College and was the predecessor to the Regina Campus of the University of Saskatchewan.
In 1974 the institution became the independent, degree-granting University of Regina.
Today, with more than 56,000 alumni, and 12,000 full-time and part-time students, the University has a growing national reputation for excellence in teaching and research and is home to 10 faculties and 25 academic departments.
Visit the Centennial website to read more about the history of the University of Regina and find out about events planned throughout 2011 to celebrate and commemorate the University's centennial.