College West Building Room CW139
Regular Store Hours
8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday to Friday
Public Parking Areas
The textbook buyback program is a great way to recycle and get some money back on books you have used.
Extra Income for You
Bring your used textbooks to the Bookstore on one of the dates of the buybacks and we will give you cash right on the spot.
When & Where
Buybacks occur several times a year. See our yearly buyback schedule below. Please refer to Important Dates & Deadlines for upcoming buyback dates, and to subscribe to feeds for updates. Also watch for posters throughout the University. The buyback is located at the bottom of the ramp in the hallway alongside the Bookstore.
|Buyback Dates 2013|
|January 7-10 (8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)|
|January 11 (8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)|
|April 22-26 (8:15 to 4:00 p.m.)|
|May 7 & 8 (8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)|
|NEXT > June 26 & 27 (8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)|
|August 26-30 (8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)|
|September 3-5 (8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
September 6 (8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
|December 16-20 (8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)|
|Buyback Dates 2014|
|January 7 - 10 (8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)|
How the Buyback Works
The buyback is conducted by a wholesale company hired by the Bookstore to first purchase textbooks for the U of R Bookstore and then themselves. The books the company purchases for themselves are sent to other campuses around North America.
- ID is required to sell books back through the buyback.
- If a textbook is being used at the U of R and there is a need for inventory the Bookstore offers 50% of the current suggested retail price.
- If selling a textbook you purchased as "used," the Bookstore offers 50% of the current suggested used price.
- If the U of R has no need for inventory and the wholesale company does, they will offer to purchase the textbook for off-campus use. Prices are determined by the demand and edition; these prices are set by the wholesale company.
- We set purchase limits based on our inventory requirements. If we meet those limits no more textbooks will be purchased for the U of R Bookstore. Many times, these titles will then be purchased by the wholesale company.
- If a faculty has requested "no used books" for their course.
- We cannot purchase CoursePacks, lab manuals, curriculum guides, workbooks, CPRC books, and ESL books.
- There are many textbooks in the Bookstore on the shelves that have not been requested by any faculty; just because the book is on the shelf this does not mean it will be purchased used.
- Packages –If any components are missing from a textbook package, it will not be bought back.
Mobile Used Book BuyBack App
The University of Regina Bookstore is pleased to announce the release of our Mobile BuyBack App! This application is the first of its kind that allows students to check buyback
|get our Buyback App!|
prices of their used textbooks on their mobile smartphones.
(Please note: the pricing information will only be available during buyback sessions.)
The app works on both the Google Android mobile and Apple iPhone iOS platforms. The key feature of the App is its ability to use the smartphone's camera to read barcodes. No longer do students need to type in the ISBN of their books
Get your Android here
Get the iPhone app here