2013 Spring/Summer and Fall Registration Dates
|Start Date||Accumulated, Attempted Credit Hours|
|05-Mar-2013||126.1 to Maximum|
|06-Mar-2013||114.0 (A-B) to 126.0|
|07-Mar-2013||105.0 (A-B) to 114.0 (C-Z)|
|08-Mar-2013||99.0 (A-J) to 105.0 (C-Z)|
|11-Mar-2013||91.1 to 99.0 (K-Z)|
|12-Mar-2013||84.0 (A-W) to 91.0|
|13-Mar-2013||75.0 (A-L) to 84.0 (X-Z)|
|14-Mar-2013||69.0 to 75.0 (M-Z)|
|15-Mar-2013||60.1 to 68.9|
|18-Mar-2013||54.0 (A-K) to 60.0|
|19-Mar-2013||45.0 (A-B) to 54.0 (L-Z)|
|20-Mar-2013||39.1 to 45.0 (C-Z)|
|21-Mar-2013||36.0 to 39.0|
|22-Mar-2013||30.0 (A-S) to 35.9|
|25-Mar-2013||21.0 (A-D) to 30.0 (T-Z)|
|26-Mar-2013||15.0 (A-S) to 21.0 (E-Z)|
|27-Mar-2013||9.0 (A-H) to 15.0 (T-Z)|
|28-Mar-2013||6.0 (A-S) to 9.0 (I-Z)|
|01-Apr-2013||0.1 to 6.0 (T-Z)|
|08-May-2013||Early Conditional & Accelerated|
Time-tickets begin at 9:00 AM, each day.
* Early Conditional students receive a time-ticket for the Fall term only.
** For the Spring/Summer and Fall terms, all students (eligible to register in both terms) receive a time-ticket for each term; meaning they are assigned two tickets, which are duplicates.
Note: Contact an Academic Advising Office in your program area if you have questions about your Time-Ticket assignment. Time tickets have replaced the previous Category Registration structures. You are responsible for the correctness of your registration.
Policy and Procedure (as of October 21, 2005)
For more information See Section 3.3 “How and When to Register” in the Undergraduate Calendar.
Registration in Academic Advising Offices and the Registrar’s Office is conducted from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon, and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, unless otherwise noted. Add/Drop Classes in UR Self-Service is closed only for regular system updates and maintenance.
Fax and email requests for registration are also accepted by most faculty and college offices, as are telephone requests. Fax and email requests must include the student identification number and full details of all classes that are being requested. Mailed and faxed requests must be signed. Registration operators will request identifying information from students who register or change their registration by telephone.
Class space is available on a first-come, first-served basis with preference, during the days set aside for registration, to students with the highest number of accumulated credit hours. When more than 500 students have the same number of accumulated credit hours, the time-ticket group is sorted according to descending (in the winter term) and ascending (in the spring/summer and fall terms) alphabetic last names.
In addition, access to space in classes is restricted by level, campus, faculty (college), program, degree, major, and class (year).
Course prerequisites must be met. Where a prerequisite course has not been completed (that is, you are currently registered in the course), you must revisit the registration when the final grade of the prerequisite course is available. Dependent upon the result, you may be required to drop the class if the requirement has not been met. You are responsible for adding/dropping your classes.
In order to add some classes, you may be required to obtain a registration permit-override from your Academic Advising Office.
Finally, you must not have holds that prevent registration when attempting to add/drop classes when your time-ticket is valid. Hold information is available in UR Self-Service under Student Services, Registration, Check your Registration Status.
You are eligible to have a time ticket for registration if you:
- Are an undergraduate student (Graduate students are eligible to register in their courses when registration begins each term and non-credit students register using a different term/schedule dates).
- Have been admitted or readmitted within any of the three terms preceding the current term in which registration is occurring.
- Have registration activity in any of the past three terms. This includes audit, drop and withdrawal activity.
- Have hours from previous terms or academic history (transfer and University of Regina, including its federated partners in education) and hours of registration in the current term. The sum of these hours determines the total accumulated hours for the calculation of your time-ticket.
- Have NOT been required to discontinue for academic reasons or dismissed for disciplinary reasons from the University.