UR Guarantee Program
University of Regina
Riddell Centre, Rm. 229
Toll Free: 877-666-0822
Benefits and Activities
The UR Guarantee Program is loaded with benefits. As a participant you will:
- Receive a customized program based primarily on your specific needs and schedule (with limited time commitment required).
- Gain access to relevant academic workshops, career development initiatives, student engagement activities and service and leadership opportunities.
- Work directly with an experienced program advisor who will assist you throughout the program.
- Enhance your overall university experience and become more prepared for your career after university.
- Have our guarantee of career-related employment after graduation.
I urge all of my first year students to sign up for UR Guarantee. University life is so different from high school, and it can be difficult to navigate. This program gives students the extra guidance, support and structure to help them along the way. To me - it's not about the guarantee; it's about getting the most out of your university experience.
Dr. Wallace Lockhart, Business Administration
Once you are registered in the UR Guarantee program, arrangements will be made to meet with your program advisor in order to set goals for the academic year. You and your advisor will discuss the mandatory and elective activities that will need to be completed. Your advisor will assist in laying out the options that will benefit you and your university experience while working with you to determine what types of activities work well with your academic and personal interests.
In order to progress through the program, students must complete all requirements of the given level within one calendar year before they can register in the subsequent level. Students will actively remain in the UR Guarantee Program until the end of their undergraduate program.
The UR Guarantee Office has accumulated a list of over 300 different workshops, seminars, student clubs and other relevant opportunities on campus. Many of these opportunities can be used towards completing mandatory and elective activities required for the UR Guarantee Program.
UR Courses will be utilized to capture, report and reflect upon the opportunities you engage in. You will also be in regular contact with your UR Guarantee advisor.
Here is a sample of some of the mandatory and elective activities:
Mandatory Activities include:
- Participating in academic success activities such as: Exam Preparation and Time Management workshops.
- Attending career development seminars that will better prepare you for employment (while you are in university) and provide you with an edge when you are applying for career jobs after graduation.
- Joining the Co-op Program or gaining other relevant work or community service experience.
- Gaining relevant interview skills through mock interview exercises.
- Participating in relevant networking opportunities.
Elective Activities may include:
- Participating in campus life (intramurals, athletics, fine arts productions, tutoring and campus employment).
- Attending on-campus career fairs.
- Volunteering in the community or as an Ambassador at Fall Orientation.
- Joining one of the many student clubs on campus.