Faculty of Education
University of Regina
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina, SK S4S 0A2
Centre for International Education & Training (CIET)
|Dr. Douglas Brown
The mission of the Centre for International Education & Training (CIET) is to improve the human condition through educational development by sharing the expertise and experience in the Faculty of Education at University of Regina, and its educational partners in the Province of Saskatchewan, through involvement in culturally sensitive, sustainable, international development projects.
Consistent with both the stated goals of the University of Regina relating to internationalization, and with the University and Faculty mandates to provide service to the wider community, CIET provides a infrastructure through which Education Faculty can participate in meaningful, sustainable, international development activities. CIET recognizes the benefits to participants - both at home and abroad - which result from the rich and meaningful relationships that develop through international projects. The dual purposes of service to the international community and mutual growth through cultural exchange constitute the fundamental reasons for engagement in international projects. CIET exists to provide a vehicle through which members can pursue service and scholarly activities, by fostering, supporting and developing the Faculty of Education's involvement in the global community.
CIET became the formal home of the Faculty's international activities in 1995. As the Faculty's international persona, its roles include the following:
- Coordinate international projects in which education is the vehicle for sustainable social change.
- Assist members in the planning, implementation, and funding of scholarly proposals consistent with the principles of CIET.
- Provide Faculty of Education members and other members of the university and educational communities the opportunity to work with partners in other countries.
- Provide opportunities for collaboration with scholars from other universities and countries.
- Provide opportunities for visiting scholars at the University of Regina.
- Provide the Faculty's link with partners interested in the development of collaborative international initiatives consistent with CIET's guiding principles.
- Represent the Faculty of Education in its relationships with the University's Office of International Cooperation and Development and the International Cooperation and Communication Committee.
CIET has been involved in international projects in Cameroon, Chile, Germany, Ghana, Great Britain, Guyana, Panama, The Peoples' Republic of China, Spain, Thailand, and the United States.
Please visit CIET's website from the link located in the Quick Links.