Cardiac Rehab Referral Form (433 KS)
Please review the Hours of Operation, Holidays and Closures for up-to-date information
The Fitness & Lifestyle Centre will be closed on all statutory holidays. This includes December 25 through to January 2. The facility may be closed for maintenance as required. Memberships will not be extended or credited for these closures.
This is a specialized program in collaboration with the Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region that is devoted to bettering the lives of those who have had a cardiac event or are at risk for developing one. It is an individually designed, scientifically proven, medically supervised exercise program. This program is aimed at providing our clients with the information, motivation and support to adopt and maintain a better quality of life and improved heart healthy lifestyle.
We will help you:
- Understand the level of physical activity that you can safely manage
- Restore your health, strength and wellness
- Improve your diet and lifestyle
- Increase your ability to cope with stress
- Increase your self confidence
- Reduce your risk for a second event
Entering the Program
An automatic referral will be sent to the DPSC through the Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region (RQHR) upon discharge from the hospital. If you have not heard from the DPSC within 6 weeks of discharge, please contact us.
Upon entering our program, you will have an initial two-hour consultation consisting of one hour of education/medical history administrative questions, followed by set up of your individualized, medically supervised exercise program. You will receive three months of programming through the centre which will also consist of a mid-term and final exercise evaluation. Exercise classes are one hour in length and include a group warm-up and cool-down, running or walking on our indoor track, and use of the most up-to-date cardio equipment. Your program may also include weight training.
Cost of the Program
- $440 which includes your 2 hour initial appointment and a fully-comprehensive program (can be paid $146.66 monthly for three months). Other pricing options available upon request.
- $120/10 sessions
- $90/ 1 month (Unlimited Usage)
- $290/4 months (Unlimited Usage)
- $725/ 1 year (Unlimited Usage)
All continuing programs can be paid by pre-authorized debit.
You will also be invited by the RQHR to attend the complementary education classes which are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 am and are located in the Centre for Kinesiology, Health and Sport Room 219 at the University of Regina. Sessions are repeated monthly. We highly recommend that you attend these education classes.
The six educational sessions included with the exercise program are:
- How the heart works, and heals, tests and treatments
- Exercise and activity
- Risk factors and lifestyle modification
- Stress/emotional factors
For more information on the six education classes contact:
* A support group meeting and/or lecture will be held at the DPSC 1-2 times a month on Monday or Wednesday at 11:00 am for members wishing to attend. This is provided free of charge.