Laptop/iPad Lending Policy
- Current University of Regina students, faculty and staff with valid U of R photo identification cards who are currently registered with the Library may borrow laptops/iPads.
- Borrowers are only allowed to have one e-device charged out on their account at a time (either a laptop or an iPad, but not both).
- Laptops/iPads are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Laptops/iPads are borrowed from and returned to the Library Help Desk on the main floor of the Library.
- Laptops may be renewed if no one else is waiting to borrow one. However, iPads are non-renewable.
- Laptops/iPads are loaned with the power adapter and carrying case.
- The borrower is solely responsible for the device and its components during the check out period, including damage, loss and theft. The borrower should report any difficulty with the equipment immediately to the Library Help Desk.
- Borrowers are financially responsible for overdue fines, loss, theft or damage. (http://www.uregina.ca/library/services/circulation/fines.html)
- Any files or applications that have been saved to the device will be removed and cannot be recovered for the user. The Library is not responsible for any loss of or damage to a user’s file resulting from the use of the device.
- The University of Regina Policy Governing the Use of Campus Computing, Network and Other Information Resource Facilities applies to the use of these laptops.
- Please check the Borrowing Privileges page for borrower and loan period information.
Approved Librarians’ Council
October 15, 2009