Notice: Information and plans for current and upcoming academic terms. Learn more.

Upcoming Academic Terms: Info and Plans


  • Until further notice, no international travel by faculty, researchers, staff and students that the University is funding or sponsoring is allowed.
  • Travellers arriving from outside of Canada will be required to self-isolate for 14 days, and monitor their health for symptoms of fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
  • Travellers experiencing even mild symptoms, should call HealthLine 811 for advice.
  • Travel outside of Saskatchewan but within Canada will require the Dean’s or Director’s approval.
  • Read: Information sheet for students, faculty, and staff arriving from international travel, including the United States

Personal International Travel

  • Any faculty or staff members who have returned from personal, international travel within the past two weeks, must self-isolate for a period of 14 days before returning to work.
    • To speed up your arrival process in Canada, use the ArriveCAN app to submit your information up to 48 hours before arriving in Canada.
  • During the isolation period, arrangements should be made with your supervisor to work remotely from home.
  • If you are unable to work remotely, arrangements can be made with your supervisor to cover your self-isolation period with sick leave, vacation, or unpaid leave time.

Out-of-country coverage under Sun Life's Extended Health Care (EHC)

Study Abroad & Global Mobility programs

  • UR International is restoring international mobility and student exchange virtually, for the Winter 2021 term.
  • Although physical mobility is not possible, we are restoring virtual international mobility programming.
    • This includes inbound and outbound virtual exchanges
  • Students will be able to participate in virtual classes from partner institutions from their home, while broadening their worldview and engaging with students and faculties from all over the world.
  • Our partner institutions' students will be able to participate in U of R virtual and online classes as well.
  • The Study Abroad and Global Mobility office will continue to work with exchange students, partner universities and associated agencies to offer virtual exchange programs.
  • Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has announced special measures to help temporary and permanent residents, including those here on study permits, who are affected by service disruptions due to the novel coronavirus.
  • Questions?