|Find Reserve Materials|
The Reserves collection at the Dr. John Archer Library contains research materials and readings identified by faculty for use in their courses. It can contain materials such as:
- Library or personally owned books
- Lecture notes, assignment or exam answers
- AV formats such as CDs, DVDs, and videos
- Links to e-journal articles
- Photocopies of readings provided that they fall within the University’s Fair Dealing Guidelines.
- Required textbooks (URSU/Library Textbooks for All)
Reserve Loan Periods
- 2 Hours (use in library only)
- Overnight (due at noon the next day)
- 3 Days
- 7 Days
- 2 Weeks
Holds and recalls are not available for reserve materials due to their already short loan periods.
Only University of Regina students, faculty, and staff may borrow Reserve materials.
Overdue Charges for Reserves
Due to the high demand for these materials, fines for reserves are $.50 per item per hour or $4.00 per item per day to a maximum of $16.00 per item. Fines will start accruing as soon as a Reserve item is overdue.
To avoid fines return materials to the Library Help Desk before they are due. Reserve items remain charged out to you until a staff member discharges them.
Returns and Renewals
- Return all Reserve material to the Library Help Desk.
- Items should not be placed in any of the book return bins.
- Reserves cannot be renewed.
Finding Reserve Reading Lists
- On the University of Regina Library homepage click on the Course Reserve icon.
- Click Find Reserve Materials on the left hand menu.
- In the Course Reserves Search screen, use the drop down menus to choose the Course/Department or Instructor's last name for your class.
- A list of materials placed on reserve for the class will display.
- Click on the appropriate title to identify the call number of the Reserve item you want and to see if it is available or not.
- In the case photocopied readings such as, articles, class notes, etc. the call number will be name of the class (ex. BIOL 266).
- Take the call number to the Library Help Desk where staff will retrieve the item for you.
- Present your valid library card and the call number of the item(s) you want to the Library Help Desk. This information will assist staff in retrieving the Reserve items.
Staff at the Library Help Desk are available to answer any questions that you may have about use of the Course Reserve collection.