Copyright and Coursepacks
The Bookstore staff is pleased to assist instructors in compiling materials for paper course packs. The University of Regina, and its federated colleges, have entered into an agreement with Access Copyright based upon the Model Licence negotiated by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) and Access Copyright. The agreement is retroactive to January 1, 2011 and will remain in effect until December 31, 2015.
Under the new licence agreement, provided the work you want to use is covered by the licence and the amount is within the limits of the licence, you can compile a paper course pack.
Limits for paper course packs are:
- Up to 20% of a work, or
- An entire newspaper or journal article
- An entire book chapter (provided it is not more than 20% of the book)
- A single short story, play, poem or essay from a published work that contains other works
- An entire entry from a reference work (e.g. encyclopaedia, dictionary, bibliography)
- An entire reproduction of an artistic work (e.g. drawing, painting, photograph) from a published work that contains other works
If you have any questions regarding coursepacks, contact Stefanie Young or by telephone at (306) 585-5359.