Choose/ Re-Evaluate Career Direction
Make informed educational and career decisions and re-decisions. If you are a current or former U of R student, the following are resources, strategies and skills for self-managing your educational and career development.
Attend a session on educational and career decision-making.
- Making informed decisions and re-decisions about your many educational and career opportunities.
- Self-assessment to increase self-awareness of your interests, skills and abilities, values and other factors for choosing a direction that fits.
- Exploring opportunities for study and work.
Learn more about lifelong career development.
Feel more confident about realizing a rewarding career by learning how to apply 3 keys for making informed decisions and re-decisions about your direction:
Why prematurely close your options?
Keep options open while you're undecided about your direction and exploring different fields and programs of interest.
- After admission to the U of R, "test the waters" in areas of interest by selecting courses that apply to the most programs of interest.
- For assistance with selecting courses, contact your faculty about meeting with an Academic Advisor.
- If you're re-evaluating your current direction and want to make informed re-decisions, allow yourself time to do activities related to self-assessment activities and exploring your options well.