There are two types of transcripts available to students. Unofficial Transcripts and Official Transcripts.

Unofficial Transcript

An unofficial transcript is available for viewing in UR Self-Service. The unofficial transcript can be printed and used for a variety of purposes. Your unofficial transcript may meet the requirements of many external organizations, saving you from having to order your official transcript.

There are no fees for unofficial transcripts.

Note: A financial hold will prevent a student from viewing their unofficial transcript.

How to access your Unofficial Transcript

Unofficial transcripts can be accessed in UR-Self Service. In the Student Tab choose Student Records and then Current Registration and List of Courses (Unofficial Transcript).

Official Transcript

The fee for an official transcript is $15 and is paid when the document is initially accessed on the MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ network. An official transcript can be shared multiple times for a one year period (365 days) from the date it is first accessed without having to pay additional fees. If an official transcript is updated, it continues to be accessible for the one year period from the initial access date without having to pay an additional fee. The advantage this provides is that individuals are in complete control of who they share their official transcript with, 24/7, without having to make an additional request. Refer to the MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ learner FAQs for more information.

An official transcript is a detailed record of your complete academic history at the University of Regina that includes an authorized signature. All U of R transcripts include a record of every term that you have attended, undergraduate and graduate courses, and transfer credit received. An official transcript is issued as a secure digital document that you can share with any recipient of your choice. The University of Regina is now issuing secured official transcripts through the MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ platform. Notifications will be sent to your email letting you know when your transcript is available in MyCreds™.

Step by Step Instructions

Read or Download the Full Step by Step Official Transcript Instructions.

Click any of the links below to read or download a section of the document.

Note: Official transcripts will not be issued until all outstanding financial and/or other obligations to the University of Regina and its federated colleges have been cleared.

Processing Times

Your transcript will be processed within two to three business days from receipt of your request. The U of R is not open on weekends or statutory holidays. During peak periods, requests may take longer.

Note: The Registrar’s Office is closed for the holiday break in December. Transcript requests received 5 business days prior to the holiday break will be processed before the break begins. Transcript requests received 4 business days or later before the closure and during the closure will be processed within 5 business days of the first business day in January. For more information on the specific dates of closure, the Academic Schedule should be consulted.

Outstanding Accounts and Miscellaneous Holds

Official transcripts will not be issued until all outstanding financial and/or other obligations to the University of Regina and its federated colleges have been cleared.

Visit holds for further details.

Official Transcript Legend

The U of R Official Transcript Legend is included with the official transcript and can be viewed here.

Need More Information?

For more information, please email or call 306-585-4127.