IT Support System Alerts
******* Monday June 17th *******
*There are some issues with wireless access today across campus.
Several Wireless Access Points are having problems.
Our Network Team are working on the issues and hope to have it resolved shortly.
* EXISTING BANNER AND CASPUR REPORTS PASSWORDS WILL TONIGHT
* If you have not changed your password in Banner since May 1, 2013, then your password will expire this evening.
The first time you log into Banner after 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, June 18, 2013, you will be advised your password has expired and you will be prompted to enter and verify a new Banner password.
The new password must:
- be a minimum of 8 characters long
- contain at least one numeric character
This change is to conform with recommendations made by the Provincial Auditor's office. See Computing Services Policy 150.71 http://www.uregina.ca/presoff/vpadmin/policymanual/compserv/15071.shtml
** EARLY Password Reset **
Passwords reset between May 1 and June 17 will not expire.
CASPUR Reports Access
To maintain continuous access to CASPUR reports, it is recommended that users log into Banner and change their password prior to June 17. This also applies to faculty who never log into Banner, but may run CASPUR Reports.
(Note that some reports may still require the old password on the day you change your password.)
**** To change your password now: ****
1. Log into Banner as usual (Go to www.uregina.ca, click "For Faculty and Staff" down at the bottom right corner, click "Banner" under Log-In Pages on the right side, enter your username and password)
2. Click "Change Banner Password" at the top right side.
3. Enter your current password in the "Oracle Password" Field
4. Enter a "New Oracle Password" that is at least 8 characters long and includes at least one number
5. Enter it again in the "Verify Password:" box.
6. Click the square diskette icon to "Apply password change"
Note: This password reset does not affect Email, Novell , UR Courses, Web Mark Entry or FAST.
This password reset does affect Banner, Caspur Reports, and Web timecard SuperUser/Approver access
If you have any problems or concerns, please contact the IT Support Centre at 306.585.4685 or email IT.Support@uregina.ca.
Shannon England, PMP
Director, Customer Applications
Department of Information Services
University of Regina
Education Building Room 547.39
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada S4S 0A2