Contact the School of Journalism
University of Regina
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina, SK S4S 0A2
Follow us on Twitter @URJschool
Find us on facebook
Welcome to the School of Journalism
The School of Journalism offers one of Canada's leading journalism education programs, with options for a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (for those with 2 years of pre-journalism or a previous degree), a two-year bridging entry option to a Master of Journalism (for those with a degree, NOT in journalism) and a one-year direct entry option to a Master of Journalism (for those who have a journalism degree and a minimum of three years experience in the field).
Our students enjoy many educational advantages
- Small class sizes (max. 26 students).
- 13-week paid internships at media outlets across Canada.
- Hands-on access to professional gear and state-of-the art AVID editing suites.
- Fully equipped television and radio studios.
- Industry standard print production, integrating both established and current trends in online publication.
- More than 25 scholarship opportunities, including scholarships to intern abroad.
- The opportunity to build portfolios through school publications such as The Crow, Ink and Ink Online, as well as work produced during internship placements.
- One-on-one coaching and mentoring from experienced faculty.
- A degree that is recognized by employers as one of the best in the industry, with an employment rate of over 90 per cent within the first year of graduating.
- A unique prairie setting that has been the historic crucible of some of Canada's most highly regarded journalists and writers.
- A full spectrum of basic, intermediate, advanced & Master’s level studies support students from entry-level career preparation to sabbatical yeas for experienced in-career professionals.