Contact the School of Journalism
University of Regina
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina, SK S4S 0A2
Follow us on Twitter @URJschool
Find us on facebook
Master of Journalism questions? Email
Welcome to the School of Journalism
The School of Journalism offers one of Canada's leading journalism education programs, with options for a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (for those with 2 years of pre-journalism or a previous degree), a two-year bridging entry option to a Master of Journalism (for those with a degree, NOT in journalism) and a one-year direct entry option to a Master of Journalism (for those who have a journalism degree and a minimum of three years experience in the field).
Our students enjoy many educational advantages
- Small class sizes (max. 26 students).
- 13-week paid internships at media outlets across Canada.
- Hands-on access to professional gear and state-of-the art AVID editing suites.
- Fully equipped television and radio studios.
- Industry standard print production, integrating both established and current trends in online publication.
- More than 25 scholarship opportunities, including scholarships to intern abroad.
- The opportunity to build portfolios through school publications such as The Crow, Ink and Ink Online, as well as work produced during internship placements.
- One-on-one coaching and mentoring from experienced faculty.
- A degree that is recognized by employers as one of the best in the industry, with an employment rate of over 90 per cent within the first year of graduating.
- A unique prairie setting that has been the historic crucible of some of Canada's most highly regarded journalists and writers.
- A full spectrum of basic, intermediate, advanced & Master’s level studies support students from entry-level career preparation to sabbatical yeas for experienced in-career professionals.