- Congratulations to brother and sister rinks, Catlin and Lorraine Schneider, who will be representing the U of R at the Canada West University Curling Championships, February 14 to 17, 2013, at the University of Alberta. For the draw, live results and standings. Winners will represent the Canada West Conference at the CIS/CCA Curling Championship, March 20-24th in Kamloops. Catlin Schneider (Skip), Daniel Selke (Third), Mat Ring (Second), Garret Springer (Lead); Lorraine Schneider (Skip), Callan Hamon (third), Tessa Vibe (Second), Ashley Desjardins (Lead)
- Jaycee Spagrud, 3rd Yr. Social Work student will be representing the University of Regina at the 2013 Black Knight Canadian University Squash Championships, March 1 to 3 in Toronto. Jaycee enters as the 2nd seed. The winner will represent Canada at the World University Games in Kazan, Russia, July 6 – 17, 2013
- Sean Lamb, 3rd Yr. Kinesiology student will be representing the University of Regina at the 2013 Yonex Canadian University Badminton Championships, March 21-24 in Montreal. The winner will represent Canada at the World University Games in Kazan, Russia, July 6 – 17, 2013.
- Congratulations to the University of Regina Cheer Team for capturing the 2012 Canadian University Cheerleading National Championship.
- Varsity Clubs are recognized as an invaluable part of the totality of the sports and recreational life at the University of Regina. Varsity Clubs are offered to provide alternative environments which enhance the pursuit of some particular sporting interests. Interests could be highly competitive, instructional, recreational, and social – or any combination thereof. Varsity Clubs differ from other recreational and athletic programs as members organize, manage, promote and largely fund their own activities and affairs. Varsity Clubs must be officially recognized as a club by the Students' Union (URSU) prior to conducting any club activities and prior to receiving facility privileges in the Centre for Kinesiology Health and Sport.