Temporary Resident Visa

After you have arrived at the U of R, if you wish to exit Canada for a period of time and return to continue your studies, you can apply for a Temporary Resident Visa. Renewing your Temporary Resident Visa on time is very important as it allows you to enter back into Canada. So, always check the expiry date on your Temporary Resident Visa before you travel.

Visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC) website to learn about how you can maintain your status in Canada at:


Temporary Entrance Visa (TRV)

I want to Solution
Apply for a new TRV online

Apply online through IRCC's website

Apply for a new TRV by paper Apply by paper through IRCC's website instructions
Get my U of R Confirmation of Enrolment 

Registrar's Office

Click "How to Request a Confirmation of Enrolment"

Get my U of R Official Transcripts Registrar's Office

Scan my documents

Scan your documents at the Library
Know how long it will take to process my application Check processing times on IRCC's website

Learn how to complete the application forms

Visit IRCC's website
Frequently Asked Questions

It has been over 1 month since I applied for my Study Permit/Entrance Visa/Work Permit, and I have not yet received it. How do I contact IRCC?

I want to write an invitation letter so I can invite my family to visit me in Canada

I want to request an invitation from the U of R so I can invite my family

How do I check the status of my application?