The Faculty of Science represents one of the strongest academic areas at the University of Regina. It attracts more than half of all the tri-council research funding and holds four Canada Research Chairs. With the need for scientific and technical skills in the 21st century, students will find that the strengths of the Faculty make it an attractive one in which to further their education.
News and EventsFeature StoriesReleases
Congratulations to Dr. Zisis Papandreou for obtaining funding from the Canadian Centre for Nuclear Innovation (Fedoruk Centre) Prototype Program for his project entitled "Investigation of silcon photo-multiplier arrays for nuclear medicine and industrial instrumentation" in the amount of $118,000.
Congratulations to Dr. Mohan Babu for obtaining funding from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Operating Fund for his project entitled "Elucidating the Physical and Functional Interactome of Mitochondria in Yeast" in the amount of $1,022,000.
- U of R researchers win "Stanley Cup of Science"
- Congratulations to Dr. Hairuo Qing for obtaining a contract from the Petroleum Technology Research Centre (PTRC) for his project entitled "Study of Mineralogy and Lithology of the Bakken Shale" in the amount of $8,000.
- Dr. Mark Brigham discusses his passion for research in International Innovation: Disseminating science, research and technology, November 2012.
- Science Pub Series is back and better than ever! Click for details.
- CS Researchers win Best Paper award at INTENSIVE 2012 Conference
- THE FIRST: University of Regina and University of Saskatchewan Science Collaboration
- Recent searches conducted using the Microsoft Academic Website show that Faculty of Science researchers lead the University of Regina as the most cited.
SI in Science (Supplemental Instruction)