The Confucius Institute is a joint initiative between the University of Regina and China's Hunan University in Changsha, Hunan Province. The establishment of the Confucius Institute is based on the longstanding relationship and growing intellectual and economic exchange between Canada and China.
The Institute will foster cultural interaction with China. The institute hopes to engender a broader understanding of Chinese culture and art by facilitating various art exhibitions, such as the Inaugural Art & Culture of China Exhibition.
The Confucius Institute is located in the College West Corridor, close to a wide range of services and activities at the University of Regina.
The primary role of the Institute is to serve as a key platform to promote understanding and appreciation of Chinese language and culture by offering comprehensive non-credit language programs and implementing diverse cultural activities on campus and in local communities.
- Promote educational, economic, and cultural exchanges between Canada, Saskatchewan and China.
- Offer a broad range of non-credit, quality Chinese learning programs.
- Provide opportunities for local Canadian residents of all ages and walks of life to discover and appreciate Chinese culture.
- Develop material suitable for Canadian people and corporations that are currently doing business, or intend to do business with China.
- Provide cross-cultural seminars and workshops for business, government and local community groups.
- Facilitate programs and activities of exchange and cooperation between Saskatchewan and China.