Apply for a Social Insurance Number

A Social Insurance Number (SIN) is required for all work. Non-residents applying for a SIN can contact the department they are working for to obtain the necessary paperwork.

Human Resources must have the SIN on file in order to issue payment. Departments can download the required application form (64 KB) pdf and more information about SINs can be found on the Service Canada website.