International Students

Non-Canadian residents must have a valid work or study permit in order to work on campus. Human Resources requires a copy of the valid permit, as well as an updated copy should the permit be renewed.

Students enrolled at the U of R with a valid study permit are eligible to work on campus, subject to guidelines set by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, as well as any restrictions on their permit. All students are responsible for knowing whether or not they are legally entitled to work. If you have questions, please contact Human Resources.

Students who have completed their program of study and are entitled to remain in Canada must have a valid work permit in order to work on campus.

Study permits  

Work permits

Non-students are not eligible to apply for positions covered under CUPE 2419.

A Social Insurance Number (SIN) is also required for all work.

The Government of Canada also provides additional information for international students.