1. U of R Home
  2. Admissions
  3. Undergraduate Admissions

Undergraduate Admission Process

The journey of an application begins with you! Submitting your application, paying the application fee, and providing supporting documents by the deadlines starts you on the path to becoming a U of R student. Once all pieces have been submitted, the admissions team reviews your application.

Undergraduate Admissions Support

Enrolment Services

The Enrolment Services office provides support for domestic students applying for admission to undergraduate programs. This includes students who are Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or refugees.

International Enrolment Services

The International Enrolment Services office provides support for international students applying for admission to undergraduate programs. This includes students who would be attending the U of R on a study permit or student visa.

Centre for Continuing Education

The Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) provides support for students applying to select certificate and diploma programs and the High School Accelerated program.

Undergraduate Admission & Application FAQs

How do I choose a program or faculty?

We get it – narrowing down all the options for programs and careers can be a big task. Start by exploring our academic programs and finding which ones line up best with your interests and goals. There may be more than one path that could fit your career goals! For support on this process, check out these options:

What happens if I change my mind?

That is okay! Many students end up changing their career paths along the way. If you find yourself considering another area after you begin, you have lots of support available to look into other career paths and options for making changes to your major, program, or even U of R Faculty. Enrolment Counsellors, Academic Advisors, and the staff at the Student Success Centre can assist with re-evaluating your career direction.

What classes and grades do I need for admission?
Admission requirements vary based on your educational background and which faculty or program you are applying to. Use our Application Guide to discover admission requirements, application processes, and deadlines that are relevant for you!
What documents does U of R require, other than the admissions application?

The University of Regina requires official transcripts from your previous school. Specific document requirements depend on your educational background and the program or faculty you are applying to.  

Additional documents may be needed for different types of students:

  • Grade 12 students
  • High school graduates
  • Transfer students
  • International students (or non-Canadian credentials), including proof of English Language Proficiency
  • Students seeking entry to the Faculty of Education
  • Students seeking entry to the Faculty of Nursing

For details on the exact documents you need for your application, check out our Application Guide!

You may also view more information regarding approved documents here.

Can I check my admissions application status?

You sure can. Use these step-by-step instructions to check on the status of your undergraduate admissions application.

If I’m chosen to attend U of R, how do I accept my offer of admissions?
First, congratulations! You can find your What's Next Checklist here.
What if I do not meet the admission requirements?

If you are do not meet the admission requirements, your next steps may include the options below. Note: Your admission office will inform you if you do not meet the admission requirements, after processing your application and relevant documents. Students are encouraged to discuss their options with an Enrolment Counsellor to determine the path most appropriate for their goals.

High School Upgrading

You can upgrade your Grade 12 marks to complete the requirements you are missing or improve your grades to meet the admission average requirement. If you are in Regina, the Allan Blakeney Adult Campus and Saskatchewan Polytechnic are options available to you that offer academic upgrading.

Mature Admission

If you are a domestic student over 21 years of age, you may be eligible for Mature Admission. Learn more about Mature Admission here.

Post-Secondary Upgrading

If you are a post-secondary transfer student and you do not meet the admission requirements for the program/faculty of your choice, you may be able to begin in your second-choice program and work towards transferring into your first choice. This option may require taking specific courses to increase your GPA or to meet program pre-requirements. Each student’s situation is unique, therefore it is highly reccommended that you speak with an Enrolment Counsellor to see if/how this option may work for you.

How can I improve my English for the ELP requirements?

If you do not currently meet the English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements, you can work to improve your language skills prior to applying for admission to an undergraduate program the University of Regina. The U of R offers an English as a Second Language (ESL) Program. This is a Languages Canada accredited program that can help you improve your English skills before entering university. Students who complete Advanced English for Academic Purposes (EAP), the highest level of our program, will meet the English language proficiency requirement for admission to an undergraduate or graduate program at the U of R.

Learn more about the English as a Second Language program.

How much will one year at the University of Regina cost?

This is a really great question! Although there are a lot of factors that go into how much one year of university may cost, we have done our best to give you an idea of what you can expect from one year of costs at the University of Regina. Check out our Undergraduate Budget Calculator!