Safely back on campus. Learn More.

Career Assessment Results and Fees

U of R Students (current and former), Alumni or and Staff may book an appointment with a Career Counsellor to review and interpret your career assessment results.

After completing a career assessment, how can I get my results?

  • For most formal standardized assessments, contact the Career Centre to book an appointment with a Career Counsellor who is qualified to interpret your results. 
  • For non-standardized assessments, you will directly receive your results.
  • All career assessments are limited in scope and have measurement error. Critically review all assessment results: Do you agree with them? Disagree? Not sure? What other factors are important to consider?

Why do I have to pay a fee for  some assessment results?

  • Developing formal standardized assessments requires extensive psychometric research. For cost recovery, a fee applies when you request your results.
  • If you decide not to get your results, there is no fee. You might be satisfied with the increased self-understanding gained through reflecting upon and answering the questions.

How can I pay to get my results for a formal or standardized assessment?

  • For most standardized assessments, you pay when you meet with a Career Counsellor to review your results. The Career Centre accepts payment in cash only (no cheques or credit cards).
  • For some standardized assessments (e.g., JVIS), you pay online. Afterwards, you'll directly receive your results.