- The University of Regina has made a committment to sustainability in it's Strategic Plan. "Commitment to sustainability is critical to ensure institutional and societal longevity and success into the future. At the University of Regina sustainability is deeply rooted in social justice and is taken to encompass economic, cultural, social, and environmental sustainability."
Carpooling is a transportation alternative that Reginans are embracing to save money and save the environment. Carpooling only one day per week can reduce commuting costs (including parking and vehicle maintenance costs) by 10%.
The University supports your sustainability efforts by providing preferred parking when you carpool and arrive on campus between 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday. To qualify for preferred parking you must register your carpool group.
To register your carpool group, contact P&TS with the details about your vehicle and the passengers in your carpool group:
- your University ID and your vehicle's licence plate number (province)
- your valid parking permit number (If you don't have a "M" pr "Z" parking permit, you will need to purchase one).
- the names and University ID numbers of each of your passengers and their licence plate numbers
- the time frame you will be carpooling
- register with Carpool.ca
Locations of Carpool Parking Stalls
"M" permit carpoolers may only park in "M" carpool stalls not in "Z" carpool stalls.
There are carpool stalls for holders of "M" permits in Lot 13 (formerly Lot 3), north of Luther College. Lot 6 (formerly Lot 14), directly south of the Centre of Kinesiology, Health and Sport and Lot 1 (formerly Lot 15) Southwest of Riddell Centre.
There are also carpool stalls for holders of "16Z" permits in Lot 16 (formerly Lot 10), directly west of the College West building. View the location of these carpool stalls by downloading a printable Main Campus map (168 KB)
Need a carpool partner? Check out Carpool.ca.
Regina's Carpool Partners (University of Regina, City of Regina, SaskTel, Farm Credit Canada, RCMP Depot Division, CAA Saskatchewan, SaskPolyTechnic, SaskCentral, Regina Qu'Appelle Health Regina, Innovation Place - Regina, Evraz and the Co-Operators) and Commuter Connections offer a free service to those wishing to explore carpooling options through www.carpool.ca
All you have to do to find a potential carpool is to visit the website and register yourself on the database. It's easy and you make no commitment by signing up.
Carpool.ca's secure database will provide you with a list of carpooling options and potential matches. It is up to you to contact any of the potential matches provided and make the arrangements to carpool.