Work & Study Permits

Non-Canadian residents must have either a valid work or study permit in order to work on campus. Human Resources requires a copy of the valid permit, as well as an updated copy should the permit be renewed.

Non-students applying for work must be legally entitled to work in Canada, by holding a valid work permit and in some cases a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment.

Students enrolled at the U of R with a valid study permit are eligible to work on campus, subject to guidelines set by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, as well as any restrictions on their permit. It is up to the student to know whether they are legally entitled to work. Students who have completed their program of study and are entitled to remain in Canada must have a valid work permit in order to work on campus.

A Social Insurance Number (SIN) is also required for all work.