Working on Campus

This section of the Human Resources website is dedicated to providing students information about working on campus. If you have questions that are not covered in this section, please contact Human Resources.

What forms do I need to hand in to Human Resources in order to be paid? 

  • TD1 forms (federal and provincial)
  • authorization for direct bank deposit form
  • authorization to deduct union dues
  • copy of student work/Visa or permanent resident card (if applicable) and SIN
  • hourly employees must complete a Timecard on a monthly basis.  Timecards must be submitted to Human Resources by the first working day after the 15th of every month

Do I have to be part of a union?

Most student positions on campus are unionized and are either covered under the CUPE 2419 or CUPE 5791 Collective Agreements. If the position you are working in has been identified as a union position, it is a condition of employment that you become a member of that union and payment of union dues in mandatory.

Can I work part-time or on a casual basis during school?

Yes. Typically students are needed most during the busy times of year (beginning of each semester) and summer. The job posting will indicate the numbers of hours the position will be required to work.

When will I get paid?

The University of Regina pays once a month, the last working day of each month.