Annual Report (707 KB)
Senate Decision Item Template (15.0 KG)
Senate Information Item Template ( 13.8 KG)
The membership of the Senate includes the following persons by virtue of their offices:
- the present and past chancellors of the University
- the president of the University
- the vice-presidents of the University
- the Deputy Minister of Education
- the chair of the Council
- the heads of federated or affiliated colleges of the University
- the deans or acting deans of faculties that are now or may hereafter be established by the University
- such other deans of academic and student affairs
- such directors as are nominated by the president and approved by the Senate
- 14 members of Convocation representing 12 electoral districts are elected to the Senate by Convocation
- Minister of Education is a member ex officio
- six students of the University are elected to Senate by the students registered in the University
- Any professional society, group or organization in the Province that, in the opinion of the Senate, contributes in a significant way to the social, economic and cultural welfare of the Province may, with the consent of the Senate, be represented on that body. The current Senate has representatives from 41 different organizations.
Because of its broad public representation, the Senate has been described as the University's "window on the world." Its functions in this respect are of utmost importance. Its general area of concern is the academic welfare of the institution and, within this area, it has a variety of duties and powers. Most of the broader issues of academic policy within the University are reserved for its approval. In another role, it acts as an ultimate court in academic affairs.
2016-17 Senate Members (11.6 KB)
2016-17 Senate Committee Memberships (18.7 KB)
The University of Regina Act (156 KB)
The Senate Index is a record of programs approved and other decisions for the periods.