Notice: Information and plans for upcoming academic terms. Learn more.

U.S. Student Loans

Residents of the United States may be eligible for funding through programs such as Veteran Affairs and Sallie Mae:

Sallie Mae

Private student loans for American citizens who are pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in Canada.


U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Veterans, Servicemembers and family members may utilize their GI Bill benefits to fund their education and housing at the University of Regina.



The University of Regina is a deferment status only school for the U.S. Direct Loans program (FAFSFA). Students who have received loans in the past may be eligible to retain their interest free status by requesting a deferment.


Student Lines of Credit

Financial institutions that have branches in both the USA and Canada (ie: TD Bank or RBC) may approve funding for American citizens studying in Canada.


If you have specific questions, please contact us at .