High School Accelerated Admission

How to Apply

High School Accelerated

Have questions about your online application?

To apply for admission to the High School Accelerated program:

  1. Go to the online application portal.
  2. Enter your Login ID and PIN.
    • If this is your first time applying to the University, create a new Login ID and PIN. Note your Login is case sensitive and your PIN must be six numbers.
  3. Select Login
  4. Select New to create a new application.
  5. Important! To be admitted to the High School Accelerated program, you must select the following:
    Application Level: Undergraduate
    Application Type: Certificates CCE,FN,Luther,HSXL
  6. Select Continue
  7. Select the Admisison Term - Winter or Spring 2023
  8. Enter your First and Last Name
  9. Select Fill Out Application
  10. Complete all items on the Application Checklist, selecting Continue at the end of each item's screen to move to the next item in the checklist.
    • For checklist item Planned Program of Study (Checklist item 6 of 9), select High School Accelerated - HSXL
  11. Submit your application.
  12. Once your application is received, you will be notified of your acceptance with an admission letter by email.
  13. Congratulations, you are now a U of R student and are ready to register for your course(s).

Admission Requirements

  • Applicants must be a minimum of 16 years of age to apply.
  • Registration is typically limited to one course per term. Requests for more than one course per term will be reviewed based on a student's high school grades and other circumstances that may apply.
  • Ensure you meet the admission requirements and have all the pre-requisites before applying for HSXL.

Language Proficiency 

Effective 201730 (fall), all applicants to the High School Accelerated Program must meet English Language Proficiency requirements via one of the following:

  • Successful completion of Grades 9 and 10 English, or Grades 10 and 11 English, taken in sequence, as part of two full academic years in high school using a provincially-or state-accredited Canadian or U.S. curriculum, or equivalent international qualification
  • A grade of 80% or better in a Grade 12 provincially-examined English course, as part of one full term of study, or equivalent international qualification
  • Any approved test or proficiency in English as outlined in the General Calendar section 2.2.3

Get additional information about English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements.

Contact Student & Instructor Services

Phone: 306-585-5807    Email: CCE.StudentServices@uregina.ca