Program Card Administrators
Reconcile Monthly Statements
BMO Client Services: 1-800-263-2263
Travel Liability Insurance Provisions
These provisions only apply to the cardholder whose name is represented on the card. Each traveler must have their own BMO Corporate Mastercard Travel Card.
The BMO Corporate Mastercard Travel Card includes:
- Worldwide acceptance
- 24/7 emergency assistance. For emergency assistance, call the MasterAssist Operations Centre. If calling from Canada or the United States, call: 1-866-556-4432. If calling from elsewhere, call collect: 1-519-742-4907.
- 24 Hours Worldwide emergency communications (Travel assistance, Legal, Medical, Consulate information)
- Emergency Cash Transfer up to $5000
Comprehensive insurance coverage through the Corporate MasterCard MasterAssist Travel Protection program includes the following:
MasterRental Car Rental Benefits
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) - Automatic coverage for theft of/or damage to rental cars for the full value of the car at no charge, provided the car rental is charged to the Corporate MasterCard Card. The amount of the benefit payable will be equal to the cost of repair or replacement of the rental car less any amount assumed by the car rental agency, its insurer or a third party insurer. In the event of a claim, call 1-866-556-4432 as soon as possible, or within 48 hours.
- Car Rental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits – Automatic coverage for an insured person who suffers a loss (as defined in the insurance certificate), arising as a result of an accidental bodily injury to the insured person while occupying an eligible rental car.
- Car Rental Personal Effects Benefits – Automatic coverage of the loss, theft or damage to personal effects belonging to an insured person while in transit or in any hotel or other building en route during a trip with the rental car.
Common Errors to Avoid
- Renting an automobile for a period longer than 30 days. Car Rental Theft & Damage Insurance is designed to save your company the cost of CDW insurance for short-term rentals. If you have booked a rental car for longer than 30 days, the Corporate Card insurance does not apply - even for the first 30 days of the contract.
- Renting more than one automobile at a time on your Corporate Card. You must be the principle driver of the automobile and therefore cannot rent a vehicle for another person and still be covered by the Car Rental Theft & Damage Insurance.
- Using another card to book or partially pay for the rental vehicle. You must use your BMO Corporate MasterCard Card to book and completely pay for your rental vehicle.
Cardholder Insurance and Travel Benefits
Updated April 25, 2007
There is protection for the primary cardholder, their spouse and dependent children, and in select instances, co-workers traveling with the cardholder. Refer to insurance certificates for limitations and details.
- Up to $500,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit when the cardholder's common carrier (plane, train, bus or ship) is charged in advance to the Corporate Card. The University of Regina is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Company of Canada. An eligible person is covered if they are accidentally injured (death or dismemberment) while boarding, riding in or getting out of a common carrier (i.e. bus, plane, train etc.) which is being taken for a business trip and for which the fare has been charged to the Corporate card or account. Coverage is also available if that person is accidentally injured when hit by a common carrier at the place of departure or final destination of the business trip. (Please refer to the Certificate of Insurance for further details or call 1-866-556-4432).
- Baggage Delay Benefit up to $300. Up to $100 per day per insured person and up to 3 days excess of all other valid and collectible insurance*. Waiting period reduced from 24 hours to 4 hours.
- MasterAssist* protection includes:
- MasterRental* Car Rental Benefits
- MasterTrip* Trip Assistance and Unexpected Return Home Benefits
- MasterLegal* Legal Assistance Benefits
- MasterAssist is a family of travel assistance and insurance benefits, and a valuable optional feature for Corporate MasterCard cardholders. The services of MasterAssist provide emergency assistance for common travel problems almost everywhere in the world and insurance benefits help protect cardholders when they travel.
- MasterRental Car Rental Benefits
- Primary collision/loss damage insurance up to a lifetime cumulative $65,000 per account for cardholder. Losses incurred by those designated in the rental contract as authorized drivers are also covered.
- Car rental accidental death and dismemberment benefits up to $300,000 per incident covering the cardholder, spouse, child and co-workers traveling with the cardholder. Insurance against accidental loss of life, limb, sight, speech or hearing from an accidental bodily injury while occupying the rental car.
- Secondary car rental personal effects insurance covers loss, damage, or theft to personal effects while in transit in the rental vehicle or in any building en route during a trip using the rental vehicle. Up to $1,000 per person per rental period and total benefits per rental period not to exceed $2,000. Covers cardholder, spouse, child and co-workers traveling with cardholder.
- MasterTrip Trip Assistance and Unexpected Return Home benefit
- Unexpected return home benefit reimburses the cardholder for the lesser of the additional charges to change his/her ticket or to purchase a one-way economy fare by a common carrier to return to province/territory of residence up to a maximum of $2,000 per insured person, in the event of the death of an immediate family member while the cardholder is on a trip.
- Benefits cover cardholder, spouse and dependent child.
- Assistance services
- Emergency cash transfer up to $5,000 via charging to account or through friends and family
- Assistance with replacing lost or stolen travel documents and tickets
- Assistance with locating or replacing lost or stolen luggage and personal effects
- Pre-trip information regarding passport and visa regulations and vaccination and inoculation requirements for the country the cardholder plans to visit.
- MasterLegal Legal Assistance Benefits
- Provides referral to a local legal advisor.
- Assists with arrangements for the posting of bail and the payment of legal fees up to $5,000 charged to the cardholder account.
- Covers cardholder, spouse and dependent child.
- If you require legal assistance while traveling, please call the MasterAssist Operations Centre (1-866-556-4432) for referral to a local legal advisor or for other legal assistance.
The following insurance and travel benefits are available to employee cardholders. These insurance and travel benefits provide extra protection when employees conduct business on behalf of the company. Benefits are in Canadian dollars:
* This protection provided by Chubb Insurance Company of Canada.
* Chubb has agreed to pay claims that exceed $500 as the secondary insurer. They will pay up to $300.