Frequently Asked Questions

How can I make payments?

See our payment methods page.

Can I pay amounts other than the full balance when making payments on UR Self Service?

Yes. The total amount due does default as the payment amount but you can type over this amount to change it to the amount you wish to pay.

When is tuition due?

Tuition and fees are due on the first day of classes. However, we do allow a grace period to make your payment before late payment charges are added to the account. Please refer to the current Academic Schedule for the end of penalty-free payment date ( Late payment charges are applied at 1.5% of the outstanding balance per month.

What is a financial hold and how does it affect me?

Depending on the amount, if you have a tuition or fee balance owing, there are different types of financial holds (or restrictions) placed on your student financial account. These restrictions will affect your ability to request transcripts and receive your degree parchment or they will restrict you from registering in classes or logging-in to UR Self-Service. Your active holds are viewable at any time on UR Self-Service. If you have questions or concerns about financial holds on your record, contact Financial Services by phone at 306-585-4123 or e-mail

Can I sign up for a payment plan?

Unfortunately, we do not offer payment plans. Tuition is due on the first day of classes and we allow a grace period before late payment charges are applied to student accounts. Please refer to the current Academic Schedule for the end of penalty-free payment date. ( Late payment charges are assessed at 1.5% of the outstanding balance per month. Students can make payments to their account until the tuition is paid. In order to register for the next semester, the account balance needs to be $2,000.00 or less.

Can I get a receipt for the tuition and fees I have paid for?

With the new TouchNet program you can now print off E-bills from your UR Self-Service by following the directions below:
Login using your nine digit student ID number and personal PIN number.

  1. Click on Student Services
  2. Click on Student Records
  3. Click on View Account or Make a Payment
  4. Choose E-Bill
  5. Choose Latest Bill
  6. Select statement date from drop down list
  7. Click Print/View Statement
  8. Click OK
  9. To print – Go to File Menu and choose Print

When will my T2202 tax form be available?

Your T2202 tax form will be available to print from UR Self-Service by the end of February. Follow the directions below to print out your form:

  1. Select Student Services
  2. Click on Canadian Tax Forms
  3. Select T2202 Tax Credit Form
  4. Select appropriate year from drop-down menu
  5. Select Printable T2202 Form button
  6. Press Submit
  7. Read the notice, then click on Continue
  8. A two-page document appears on your screen. Go to your file menu and choose print.  Print preview the document and adjust as necessary.
  9. Print to your local printer.

The Canadian Government recognizes this document as an official tax receipt.

I can't print my T2202 I only see a blank screen

1. If using Internet Explorer 9, before viewing account, click “Tools” from the menu bar and then click “Compatibility View”

2. If this does not work, try using a different browser. Our IT Support suggests using the FireFox browser.

My T2202 doesn't open up in a new window

The pop up blocker may be turned on. Please disable the pop up blocker or allow pop ups for the page.

Where do I pay for printing and library charges?

Printing charges get added to the student account at the beginning of each month. These charges are always a month behind (e.g. any printing done in April will not show up on the student account until May). Payment for library charges can initially be made at the library. After 50 days the charges will transfer to the student account and can be paid at Financial Services.

Where can I apply for student loans?

Please visit our Student Awards & Financial Aid Loans website for information on how to apply for a student loan.

Where can I find out about scholarships?

Please visit the Student Award & Financial Aid website for information on scholarships. Students can also contact the office at:

Enrolment Services
Room 108 Administration Humanities Building
University of Regina
Regina, Saskatchewan S4S 0A2
Phone: (306) 585-4591
Fax: (306) 585-5559

Have a Question that was not Answered in Our FAQ?

If you have questions regarding your student account, you can phone 306-585-4123 or e-mail