Covid Questions

We are open for Business! Our team is available Monday to Friday between 8:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:15pm.

Please reach us by email at and we will reply to your message as soon as we can. Please note that our team is experiencing a higher volume of emails at this time as we try to continue with regular operations while also addressing changes resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic so response times may be longer than normal. We’re doing our best, we promise!

While you are waiting, you are very welcome to take a look at other helpful pages on our website to see if the answer to your question can be found there:

A list of our staff and their email addresses may be found here.

Our team is ready to answer your inquiries via email, and at zoom drop-in sessions or by zoom appointments:
FGSR Associate Dean inquiries:

To request an appointment on zoom, please send an email

Covid Questions

Information on the Universities temporary shift to remote learning can be found here.

Important Information Regarding Border Exemptions for International Students:

We recommend all international students visit URInternational's website for detailed information at:

Term Updates:

Future plans on how the university will reopen can found here: 

What about my research?

Information on the university’s phased back to research plan can be found here. It includes information about the four-phase plan, safety protocols, research risk assessments, and review committee timelines. 

Health, Safety and Wellness provides safety related resources, including a link to the research safety training module that you may be required to complete prior to reinitiating your research.

What if I can’t get the documents I need to complete my application?

Consistent with normal practice, unofficial transcripts will be accepted via email for the review process only. However, offers of admission are still conditional upon receipt of official transcripts and/or degree certificates. Due to Covid-19 related restrictions, we also accept electronic copies of official documents from verifiable institutional email accounts.

An official valid English Language Proficiency (ELP) test is required at the time of application. Along with all ELP tests that are normally accepted, Duolingo scores are being accepted on a temporary basis.

Computer Science, Education, and Engineering and Applied Science program will require the WES ICAP evaluation for admissions consideration as of November 17, 2020.

The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) requirement for the MA in Clinical or Experimental and Applied Psychology and the Ph.D. in Clinical or Experimental and Applied Psychology programs have been suspended for applicants applying up to the 202330 term.

What about my scholarship?

Current scholarships are unaffected and adjudication of competitions is proceeding as normal. We are not currently anticipating any issues with scholarships or fellowships, but we will continue to monitor the situation and develop contingencies as necessary.

What do I do about my thesis defence?

All defences are currently being completed at a distance (through online mechanisms such as video conferencing) until further notice. Click here for more information.

What about my graduation?

You can request a letter of completion in instances where graduation approvals have been delayed due to Covid-19 related disruptions.

Federal Government Support Programs

The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) may provide you with temporary income support if your work has been affected by Covid-19. Details can be found here:

Grad Studies Emergency Bursary Application

If you have been financially impacted by Covid-19 and are in need of emergency funding, please fill out the Emergency Bursary Application Form and email it to