Subscribe by RSS Subscribe by RSS

Post Doc applications for Professional Masters Program

Tue., Aug. 8, 2023 12:00 a.m. - Sat., Sep. 30, 2023 12:00 a.m.


The postdoctoral fellow will conduct research and teaching on Data Science and Data Analytics. The duties of this position are to conduct cutting-edge research in Data Science and Data Analytics; to work in consultation with the Faculty of Science Data Science Working Group to develop and teach courses, programs of study, curriculum, and pedagogy around the teaching and learning of data science at the graduate and undergraduate level; and to develop relationships between the Data Science Working Group and local industry relevant to the practice of Data Science and Data Analytics.

In order to assist the postdoctoral fellow with their academic career development, the fellow will be assigned to teach two graduate-level courses in the area of Data Science and Data Analytics each year of the appointment. A list of courses offered in the area of Data Science and Data Analytics for the professional MSc in Computer Science - Data Science program in the University of Regina can be found here: The specific topic and details of the course will be based on the postdoctoral fellow’s expertise and skillset, and will be assigned by the Head of the Department of Computer Science at the University of Regina.

The initial appointment for the postdoctoral fellow will be one year, with the ability to renew the appointment for a second year based on performance and the availability of funds. The postdoctoral fellow will spend 80% of their time on duties associated with this position, with the remaining 20% (one day per week) dedicated to other research-oriented “passion projects”, following Google’s “20 percent time” philosophy.

Click here to download position summary