Photo ID & U-Pass

University of Regina Photo IDupass_image

The University of Regina photo ID is a vital part of being a member of the university community. You need it to

  • use the U-Pass service 
  • access library materials
  • use the fitness centre
  • receive student discounts
  • write exams and 
  • get secure access to some campus or related events

Here's how you can get yours:

Just bring one piece of valid government-issued photo identification such as your driver's license or passport to the Registrar's Office (Administration Humanities Building on the second floor, Room 210) between 8:30 a.m. and 4:15 p.m., Monday to Friday (closed weekends and statutory holidays). You should also try to bring your student number. There is no waiting to get your card, we will take your photo and give you the card at the spot.

If you're an employee, you can obtain your university/employee card by bringing your letter of hire from Human Resources, or go to Human Resources and ask them to fill out a form called Information Required for Photo ID and bring this with you as well as one piece of government-issued photo ID.

NOTE: Avoid long line-ups in September by getting your photo taken during the summer after you have registered for courses! You can get your ID card done before classes begin.

Get your U-Pass activated:

  • To activate your U-Pass at the back of the card, take it to U of R Students' Union front desk located at Riddell Centre, Room 221. For more information regarding the U-Pass (Universal Pass) visit their official site.


If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Registrar's Office at 306-585-4127 and someone would be happy to speak with you. You may also e-mail your question to .