Study Permit

International students must have a Study Permit in order to study in Canada from the Canadian government. Depending on your country of origin, this can take up to two to three months to obtain.

The rules can be found at Citizenship & Immigration Canada's (CIC) website.

When you’ve received your letter of acceptance, you should apply for your study permit as soon as possible.  You will now be required to include the University of Regina's DLI number on your Study Permit application.  The U of R's DLI name is 'University of Regina" and the DLI number is O19425660270.

For more information on the study permit and visa application process, and the documents required, go to UR International’s Immigration page.