Study Permit

Once you are here, it is your responsibility to stay up-to-date on your immigration documents and status. Maintaining your immigration documents and status is an important part of your stay in Canada and at the U of R!

Visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC) website to learn about how you can maintain your status in Canada at:

I want to...

Learn about how the Provincial Attestation Letter affects my study permit application

For information on the new requirement for a Provincial Attestation Letter, please visit the Provincial Attestation Letter Information web page.

Extend/Renew my Study Permit Online

Apply online through IRCC's website

Extend/Renew my Study Permit by Paper

Extend my exchange term and/or apply for an initial Study Permit

Get my U of R Confirmation of Enrolment

Registrar's Office

Click "How to Request a Confirmation of Enrolment"

Get my U of R Unofficial Transcripts

Get Letter of Acceptance & Support Letter for Study Permit Extension

Undergraduate students: 

Contact UR International Student Services (

Graduate students:

Contact Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research


ESL students:

Contact English as a Second Language


Scan my documents

Scan your documents at the Library

Know how long it will take to process my application

Check processing times on IRCC's website

Learn how to complete the application forms

Frequently Asked Questions

I am currently a visitor in Canada, but want to study in Canada. Can I apply for a Study Permit?

Visit the IRCC Website

I am planning to enroll in a distance learning program. Do I need a Study Permit?

Visit the IRCC Website

My Study Permit has expired less than 90 days ago. What do I do?

Visit the IRCC Website

How do I replace my damaged/lost Study Permit?

Visit the IRCC Website

It has been over 1 month since I applied for my Study Permit/Entrance Visa/Work Permit, and I have not yet received it. How do I contact IRCC?

Visit the IRCC Website

Do I need to request changes to the information on my Study Permit?

Visit the IRCC Website