Work While You Study


Finding employment on campus or off campus while you study at the U of R is a great way to get valuable work experience, gain skills to help you find jobs after you graduate, develop connections and relationships, and help your financial situation.

There are many campus services that are designed to help you find a job.  We can connect you with the right campus service team for employment-related workshops so you can learn the process of finding employment in Canada!

To learn more about working in Canada, visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's website.

Registration Requirements for International Undergraduate Students

International undergraduate students must be registered full-time in each of the Fall and Winter semesters. During the Spring/Summer semester, international undergraduate students may register full-time, part-time or take a break.

Full-time registration for international undergraduate students is defined as:

  • registered in a minimum of nine (9) credit hours during each of the Fall and Winter semesters

To be eligible to work during a Scheduled Break, students must hold full-time status during the academic session before and after their regular scheduled break (e.g., student must register in at least 9 credit hours during the Winter and Fall semesters to be eligible to work during the Spring/Summer semester).

International Graduate students, please refer to the Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research website for registration requirements.