Policies and Procedures Manual
20 - Human Resources
|Origin:||Associate Vice-President (Human Resources)|
|Approved:||January 14, 1998|
|Approval Process:||Committee of Administrative Directors, Vice-President (Administration)|
Seconding "Out" (ie. Lending Services)
- request for secondment must be approved by the Dean/Director and by the senior administration (i.e. Vice-President, Academic or Vice-President, Administration).
- organization which wishes to second the individual prepares the letter of agreement (contract) to be signed by the Dean/Director and by the applicable Vice-President.
- Faculty Department is then responsible to arrange for Financial Services to invoice the seconding organization.
Seconding "In" (ie. Borrowing Services)
- request to second individual is made in writing by the Dean/Director to the applicable Vice-President.
- request for secondment is reported to Appointments Committee as a "Presidential Appointment".
- if secondment involves teaching services, agreement must be sought in writing from the aculty Association.*
- once approved, the Faculty Department is advised and draws up the letter of agreement (i.e. contract) to be signed by the Dean (or Director) and the Vice-President, Academic, which is then forwarded to the organization from which the individual is being seconded for its endorsement.
- the organization from which the individual is seconded invoices the Faculty or Department directly.
*This aspect will be handled by the Human Resources Department or by the President's Office.