Notice: COVID-19 resources, information and plans for current and upcoming academic terms. Learn more.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Who are the primary end-users of the Accommodations Test Centre (ATC)?

Students registered with the Centre for Student Accessibility (CSA) requiring exam accommodations, taking on-campus, for credit courses, are the primary end-users of the ATC.

2. How do students submit an exam booking request?

The exam scheduling process is student-initiated. Students submit their exam booking request through the scheduling software (Accommodate Symplicity) for the exam date and time as outlined on the course syllabus. Note that students must select the day and time that corresponds with the original class time. 

3. What is the role of the Instructors?

Instructors receive an email notification when a student as submitted an exam booking request.  Instructors can approve or decline the requests, make edits to booking requests and upload the exam through the secure scheduling software.  Instructors, or a designated proxy, must pick up the exam from the ATC.

4. How can students and Instructors use the new software?

Accommodate Symplicity software is quite user-friendly. Training content will be sent to all Faculties and Students through e-mail communication as well as the manual will be uploaded in the ATC home page (refer to quick links section). In-person demos and drop-in sessions will also be offered for both students and instructors requiring additional support.

5. When should I start using Symplicity software for exam bookings?


6. What exams are held in the ATC?

Quizzes, tests, and final exams for on campus, for credit classes that do not require specialized lab space or software can be written in the ATC

7. What exams are not held in the ATC?

Currently, the ATC does not support the following exam accommodations:

  • Non-credit course exams
  • Exams for online courses
  • Exams that require software not offered by the ATC (i.e. language exams)
  • Students who are not registered with the CSA (e.g. deferrals, makeup exams, qualification exams, pay-for-service exams)
8. Whom should I approach to register for new exam accommodations?

The Centre for Student Accessibility (CSA) staff will continue with the in-take process of registering new students for exam accommodations. Please refer to the CSA webpage for contact information:

9. Can I use the ATC to write my lab exam?

If your lab exam requires use of lab space and specialized lab equipment, the ATC cannot be used to write your lab exam.  If your lab exam is a paper exam, use of the ATC will be permitted. Seek clarification from your instructor to be sure.

10. Will the ATC be available for third party examinations, or to other students on campus who are not registered with the CSA?

No, at this time the ATC is available for accommodated students registered with the CSA only.

11. Can the ATC be used to accommodate deferred exams?

The ATC is available for deferred exams of accommodated students registered with the CSA.

12. I’m a U of R student, at the Saskatoon campus. Where are my exams written?

Off campus students will not access the ATC.  The current process for writing your accommodated exams will stay in place.