Transfer Credit

If you have completed post-secondary coursework from another institution and would like to see if any courses will transfer to the University of Regina, it is important for you to make an appointment to see an Academic Advisor in the faculty as soon as possible following admission.  We will require copies of the detailed syllabi (learning objectives, text used, material covered, grading, etc.) for each course. Some courses may have already been evaluated from your previous institution, so unless you have kept all of your outlines and have them readily available, wait until we meet to review what outlines we will require for evaluation and inclusion in your program.  The Faculty of Kinesiology and Health Studies requires a minimum grade of 60.0% (UofR equivalent) in order to award transfer credit. 

A list of previously evaluated courses at the University of Regina can be found in the Transfer Credit Course Equivalents database.  If the courses doesn't appear, more information will be required from you in order to determine if transfer credit will be awarded.

If you would like to take a course outside of the UofR for credit in your program you must first meet with the advisor to ensure the course is applicable to your degree, and to request a Letter of Permission. A Letter of Permission will outline the course(s) you intent to take, the institution that you will be taking the course(s) from, the equivalent course at the UofR, and important deadlines for receipt of your transcripts. A "LOP" hold will be placed on your student account. This hold will not prevent your registration, but will remain on your account until the Registrar's Office processed the transfer credit.